Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde

(Avoiding series, book 1)
Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he’s ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can’t believe it. Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and not just in her own mind, but to his fiancĂ©-to-be. Throw in Bekah’s hot brother who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, a past with more secrets to unravel than you can even imagine, and you get a recipe for disaster. Find out what happens to Lexi as she travels to Atlanta to get the closure she so desperately desires from Jack, and how the bumps of life seem to keep getting in the way.

“We both know what we are. We cheated on other people, and that was what defined us. That was what defined our connection for quite some time.” – Lexi

OH. SWEET. MOSES. This book…it just…I can’t even…

My world got rocked. Hard.

You know that couple that isn’t really ever a couple? They flirt, they stand just a little too close to each other all the time, they sneak glances at each other when they don’t think anyone is paying attention…but people are paying attention, they radiate beams of built up sexual tension; it’s the same “couple” that can go from love to hate to love faster than you can blink a fucking eye; they can go years without talking and yet when they see each other, they are like two sexually-charged magnets – drawn together. They fight like cats and dogs, and then make up like rabbits. They should be together…but they shouldn’t. They complete each other…but they rip each other apart. They don’t know how to live with – or without – each other. They’re the definition of dysfunction. They are the couple that people love to hate, or hate to love.

Jack and Lexi are that couple. And I hate to love them.

Their relationship is volatile, deceitful, unrestrained, and yet I think…no, I know…I’m on Team Jack. Don’t get me wrong, Ramsey seems sweet, sexy, and stable – but the masochist in me keeps getting drawn back to Jack. Is he a dick? Yeah. Did I call him a son of a bitch a couple times while reading this? Sure did. Were there moments that I wanted to punch him in the mouth? Fuck yes. But there is just something about him that makes me hate him and love him at the same time. I want to rip his head off and rip his clothes off at the same. It’s all very confusing!

The emotions that these characters evoked were intense, to say the least. I think I wanted to punch every single person in the face at least once. Jack and Lexi’s relationship frustrated me, upset me, excited me, and gutted me. The sexual tension between them dripped off the pages and if girls could get blue balls, I would have had a pretty severe case of them! Oh, and one of my favorite scenes??  The tunnel at his birthday party. SWEET JESUS, THAT WAS HOT. I mean…holy shit! I had to stop reading for a minute to compose myself because for me, that was one of the most intense scenes in the whole book. Within just those 10 pages, I went from getting hot and bothered to feeling like I got punched in the stomach. It was heart wrenching.

Avoiding Commitment is by far one of the best books I’ve read not only this year, but ever. In my whole damn life. The writing is almost flawless and the ending left me counting down the days until Avoiding Responsibility’s release date. I need more of this twisted love story in my life. If you want a book with some panty-dropping sex scenes, and more angst than should ever be allowed within one story, buy this book and buy it now! Oh, and while you’re at it, you might as well buy Avoiding Responsibility at the same time, because I can guarantee that as soon as you read the words “The End”, you’ll be dying to know what happens next...




No comments:

Post a Comment