Monday, December 24, 2012

Best Of 2012 (Books)


With 2012 coming to a close, I decided to share with y'all my favorite reads from the past year. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be; I mean, I read a lot of really great books over the past 12 months! How in the holy hell could I pick my top 10?! Not even just pick my top 10, but rank them?! Impossible! Well ladies and gentlemen, I conquered the impossible. After some serious debating, I finally have my lists. Check out which books rocked my world in 2012!

**I've included a snippet of my review for each book, and clicking on the number above the cover will take you to the Amazon link**


MY TOP 10 BOOKS OF 2012

"Gone Girl gives a perfect and chilling portrayal of a modern day psychopath that will stay with you for days, even after you finish the book. It’s fucked up in more ways than one, and it’s very clear that both Nick and Amy have issues that they refuse to admit to each other. Their love story consists of an angst-driven romance, fueled by lies and deceit, and lit on fire with a big match full of crazy."



"Seriously, I’m sitting here writing this review and pouting like a 5-year-old who’s upset because she isn’t allowed to have a cookie before dinner. The difference between me and a 5-year-old is that I don’t care about the damn cookie; I’m upset that I’m done with this book! I want MORE! I never wanted this book to end."



"Sweet mother of God, Tara Sivec has managed to do it again. What is ‘it’, you ask? Well, let me tell you. She has managed to make me fall in love with someone who is simultaneously causing me to pee my pants from laughter. Now, I’m not a love doctor or anything but as far as I’m concerned, that folks, is true love."










7.

"I was so emotionally invested in these characters that it was almost scary. I think of one negative thing to say. This book was just as beautifully written as Slammed, and I was completely mesmerized by every single story line."












6. 
"Holy. Fuck. I honestly don’t even know where to start or HOW to start reviewing this book. I finished it yesterday morning, and I can’t stop thinking about it! My emotions got thrown all over the place; I felt like a 25-year-old going through early menopause! I was pissed off, I was heartbroken, I was hopeful, I was devastated; I loved the main characters and I hated the main characters."









5. 
"The emotions that these characters evoked were intense, to say the least. I think I wanted to punch every single person in the face at least once. Jack and Lexi’s relationship frustrated me, upset me, excited me, and gutted me. The sexual tension between them dripped off the pages and if girls could get blue balls, I would have had a pretty severe case of them!"










4. 
"Disturbing. Romantic. Fucked up. Sweet. Heartbreaking. Sexy. How in the hell can all those adjectives describe the same book? I don’t know, I honestly don’t…but somehow they do."













"This is by far the funniest book I have EVER read. Yeah, you read that right…funniest book EVER! You know those rare books that you read and by the time you’re about 10-15 pages in, you’re already in love with it? Well, you’re in luck because Seduction and Snacks is one of those books."











2. 
"The writing is brilliant, the characters are phenomenal, the relationships will give you hope, break your heart, make you smile, and make you cry. Slammed is just perfection. Absolute perfection."












"I can count on one hand the number of times I couldn't find words to describe something, and this is one of them. The Sea of Tranquility left me speechless and essentially inarticulate.  I sat in front of my laptop just watching the cursor blink on the blank screen for almost twenty minutes trying to find the right words to describe the wonderful perfection that is this book. No matter what I say, it’s not going to be enough; I know that already."







Honorable Mentions:



There you have it! 2012, you rocked. Let's hope 2013 brings it's A-Game and gives me just as many amazing books to get lost in.

Pssst! One more thing.....

**I hope each and every one of you has a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!**





No comments:

Post a Comment