Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best of 2012 (Series)



Alright y'all, I guess one "Best of 2012" list wasn't enough for me. There were other books that I felt like needed recognition, and most of those books are part of a series. Now, I'm sure you know where this is going.....

Here are the series that blew my mind in 2012! Three of the series listed are not complete, but I really don't care; the books I read so far in the series are enough to put them in this category.

I have included one of my favorite quotes from each book in the series along with the cover photos; enjoy!

**Pssst! One more thing! Click on the covers and it will take you to the Amazon link to purchase the book :)


MY TOP 5 SERIES OF 2012

5. Asylum trilogy by Lauren Hammond


“I’m like a whirlpool in the middle of a choppy sea, once you’re in my grasp I’ll have no choice, I’ll snatch you by the leg, and pull you under.” –Addy


“Something else tells me that we just might be what each other needs to keep each other from falling apart.” – Addy

REVIEWS: Insanity I White Walls


4. Avoiding series by K.A. Linde


“We both know what we are. We cheated on other people, and that was what defined us. That was what defined our connection for quite some time.” – Lexi


“There was no reason to lie for him…not anymore.” – Lexi




3. The Dark Duet by C.J. Roberts


“He was my tormentor and my solace; the creator of the dark and the light within. I didn't care that he would undoubtedly hurt me at any moment, right now; I just needed somebody to hold me, somebody to be kind to me, somebody to tell me exactly those words. It’s going to be okay. It wasn't of course, I knew that. But I didn’t care. I needed the lie.” -- Livvie



"I don't want revenge, Caleb. I don't want to end up like you, letting some fucking vendetta run my life. I just want my freedom. I want to be free, Caleb. Not someone's whore...not even yours." -- Livvie 



2. Chocolate Lovers series by Tara Sivec


“Why is it that I’m just now finding out my best friend went through a lesbian phase? Every time I look at her now I’m going to picture vagina-hand. A little hand that looks like a who-ha chasing me around the house and watching me while I sleep. Vagina hand is always watching. Vagina hand sees you.” – Claire


"Water? At a wedding? I don't understand. Did you invite Jesus? That's the only way that will be acceptable" -- Drew


"Yes, and in just a few minutes, a dick will be able to find your vagina without needing night vision goggles and a weed whacker." -- Liz




1. Slammed series by Colleen Hoover


“I wish I could freeze this moment. I wish we could just carve pumpkins forever…” – Layken


“It’s the clear headedness behind her voice and the calm, reasonable expression in her eyes that rips the heart right out of my chest. She turns to leave, and all I can do is let her go. I just let her go.” -- Will




Honorable Mentions:

The Sleepless series by Fisher Amelie

That Boy series by Jillian Dodd



So, there you have it. There were so many great series I read in 2012, but these were the ones that I could get lost in over and over again. If you haven't read these, read them and read them NOW.

And if you want to see my favorite books of 2012, check them out here.




No comments:

Post a Comment