Saturday, July 21, 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber


When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem – their only interactions are through email.
Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Ata downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees – hoping for more.
Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

“Please don’t ask me to say stop.” – Jacqueline

Seriously, I’m sitting here writing this review and pouting like a 5-year-old who’s upset because she isn’t allowed to have a cookie before dinner. The difference between me and a 5-year-old is that I don’t care about the damn cookie; I’m upset that I’m done with this book! I want MORE! I never wanted this book to end. It kind of felt like a catch 22; I wanted to read it fast because I was dying to know what happened next, but I didn’t want the story to end so I was trying to cool my jets and make this book last longer than a day. I have willpower in a lot of situations; putting off a book just because I don’t want the story to end isn’t one of them.

I was hooked from page 1. I love books that start off with something huge instead of making me mosey through a few chapters before I finally start getting into the meat and potatoes of the story, and Easy definitely didn’t make me wait. I feel like I don’t even know where to start with reviewing this book, because it’s so good that it almost puts me beyond words. The storyline was perfect and flowed wonderfully. I honestly don’t think there was one dull moment where I was thinking “okay, let’s speed this up a little, homegirl’s gettin bored.” I was just enthralled from start to finish.

The chemistry between Lucas and Jacqueline turned me into a huge freaking cheeseball. I was just sitting there reading with a ridiculous grin plastered on my face any time they interacted with each other. Well, almost any time. When I finally found out what happened to Lucas’s mom, I wanted to cry. And when he tells her to leave after he finds out what she did behind his back, my heart sank. I just wanted to hug both of them in that moment! They are so perfect together it’s ridiculous! And seriously, Lucas is the perfect guy. The. Perfect. Guy. He has the bad boy look that I always seem to swoon over, he’s smart, he’s artsy, he can cook, and he’s so damn sweet! I love that he didn’t try to rush anything physical with Jacqueline…although the buildup to them finally “completing the transaction” was about to drive me crazy! That being said, it was definitely worth the wait. I actually thought there would be more angst in their relationship, but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, they both had their own issues but there wasn’t any major drama between them.

Honestly, I don’t really know what else to say about it other than it was in-freaking-credible. There is a very real issue presented in the book that is rarely talked about, and I love how Tammara handled it. Seriously, this is a book that you need to buy right now. It’s a wonderfully written romance, and I’ll just add Lucas and Jacqueline to the list of couples from books that I have soft spots for. Now, I’ll if you’ll excuse me…I’m going to go look for a Lucas ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment